Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
Gen Z – Your New Target Audience
Generation Z is taking over the world with their TikTok videos and VSCO filters. This demographic continues to grow in stature and influence which is changing the way marketers have to think in regards to their campaigns. How To Identify Gen Z Gen Z is commonly identified as the generation of people born between 1996-2010. […] Read more
How To Keep Your Brand Feeling Fresh Online
There’s no question that the last thing you want is to have a stale brand that is one dimensional. The reality is that you want to maintain a fresh brand that offers much more to your audience than just a product. After all, you want to ensure that your brand is always keeping customers engaged. […] Read more
Meet Kamren from KS Films
Kamren Sexton is the filmmaker behind KS Films, an exclusive footage collection on Dissolve. He uses inspiration from his daily life and his various expeditions to create incredible and meaningful footage. We asked Kamren a few questions to learn more about his filmmaking background and to find out what motivates him to keep creating. What […] Read more