Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
10 Best Animation Softwares Every Beginner Should Know
Getting started in animation is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it’s an incredibly beautiful and exciting time where the realms of creativity hover at the edges of your fingertips. On the other hand, it’s hard work, and it’s going to take a lot of practice. All that being said, you need the right […] Read more
5 Tips for Naming your Photography or Film Business
Finding the perfect name for your photography or film business is no easy feat. It needs to be catchy enough that it is memorable and stands out from the crowd, but common enough that it can be easily understood. There is also branding to consider and ensuring your chosen name aligns with your overall image. […] Read more
Why Stock Content is Crucial in a Pandemic
Reflect, react, respond. That’s what companies have raced to do ever since the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Interactive Bureau, 74% of media buyers, planners, and brands say that the Coronavirus will have a bigger impact on advertising than the 2008 financial crisis. It is obvious that the messaging has changed, but […] Read more