The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
People No Longer Need Sound To Consume Video Content
How many times do you look around and everyone is on their phones? The 21st century is full of people consuming content, whether it’s on the subway, at work, or in schools. In this post we explore the topic of sound in media, which people have been choosing to live without. Ditching The Sound […] Read more
Filmmaking: 6 Things You Need to Know Before Filming a Music Video
The sky is the limit when directing and filming a music video. As it happens, there are no direct and strict rules when creating one. However, there is a template. And this template has been found to be very useful in recent times. While the common template has become the most apparent outline that most […] Read more
6 Creative Ways Marketers Can Use Stock Videos
Video is now a critical component that forward-thinking brands use. According to Content Marketing Institute’s annual Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends report, brands have produced more video content than text and image content. This also helped marketers deliver 34% higher conversion rates. But there’s more than just the competition fueling the demand for more video. People […] Read more