The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
How to create a Doodle Dissolve transition with RoughAnimator
We challenged ourselves to find a way to use color to transition between two totally different clips. By connecting the clips with doodles, the end result is a powerful and playful visual. By drawing on the actual video with a pencil the transition became all about the creative approach to the connection – resulting […] Read more
7 Filmmaking Trends We Spotted at Sundance 2019
Our Art Director Sara Jean Hughes shares some filmmaking trends she spotted at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival last week. Films About Adolescence After Eighth Grade swept awards season following its Sundance debut in 2018, there were many films this year that chronicled the nature of growing up. These included Big Time Adolescence, Share, […] Read more
Contributor guest post; Meet Gene Sung
Hello, my name is Gene and I’m an LA-based DP and Director. Dissolve very kindly let me write a blog post on some of my projects, so here it is. The first clip above is my Demo Reel, I DP’d pretty much all of it and directed a fair bit. Of course, like many […] Read more