The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
10 Best Animation Softwares Every Beginner Should Know
Getting started in animation is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it’s an incredibly beautiful and exciting time where the realms of creativity hover at the edges of your fingertips. On the other hand, it’s hard work, and it’s going to take a lot of practice. All that being said, you need the right […] Read more
5 Tips for Naming your Photography or Film Business
Finding the perfect name for your photography or film business is no easy feat. It needs to be catchy enough that it is memorable and stands out from the crowd, but common enough that it can be easily understood. There is also branding to consider and ensuring your chosen name aligns with your overall image. […] Read more
Why Stock Content is Crucial in a Pandemic
Reflect, react, respond. That’s what companies have raced to do ever since the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Interactive Bureau, 74% of media buyers, planners, and brands say that the Coronavirus will have a bigger impact on advertising than the 2008 financial crisis. It is obvious that the messaging has changed, but […] Read more