The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
9 Ways You Can Repurpose a Single Piece of Content
There’s a common saying in digital marketing that ‘content is king,’ which is very accurate. However, creating content with the required consistency for your blog or social media profiles is a challenging and time-consuming task. You’ll have to research topics, keywords, and those things that your target audience wants to hear. Thankfully, you can simplify […] Read more
Partnerships to be proud of
Dissolve for a Cause first started in 2017 with the intent to support charities and nonprofits with free stock content. Over the past 3 years, Dissolve for a Cause has had the opportunity to help a variety of organizations convey heart-warming, impactful, and creative projects. Why Stock? Stock footage and photography can either fill a […] Read more
7 Ways To Motivate Your New Film Crew
The film industry is always buzzing with new crew members, actors, technicians, etc. So, why not have an effective and unique approach on how you can motivate your crew to work and create great movies? As a filmmaker, you’ll have to dig deep into yourself, and be open to exploring other professional areas. That means […] Read more