Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
The Vintage Look: How Content Creators Are Taking Us Back In Time
In with the old and out with the new. Whether it’s vintage fashion, rustic culinary creations, or classic soundtracks, this generation is reminiscing on the past. We’ve now seen this trend make its way into the media industry and it has become more apparent than ever. Shooting On Film One way that vintage footage and […] Read more
Shoots We Love from Dissolve Filmmaker™
Shooting stock is an art like no other. Our Dissolve Filmmakers take stock to another level as they shoot experiences that you can’t find anywhere else. Have a look at some of our favorite shoots available exclusively at Dissolve. Beekeeper – Shot by Max Monty for Dissolve Filmmaker This shoot shows the true beauty of […] Read more
The Travelling Creative’s Ultimate Guide to Cloud Storage Services
Hayk Saakian is an entrepreneur and a software developer. He is a passionate tech reviewer covering apps, softwares, headphones, projectors, laptops, videogame articles and other in-depth tech analysis. Being in the creative field, may it be photography or filmmaking, keeping your files at your fingertips is essential. Having remote access while you are on an […] Read more