Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
Six Tips For Writing A Winning Bio On Your Photography Website
As a photographer, you’re more used to working in the visual medium. This means that writing copy may not be one of your strengths. However, when people are hunting for a photographer to employ, they’re often as interested in your personality as they are in your portfolio, so let’s examine at the basics you need […] Read more
The Best Photo Courses For Students
It’s okay to assume that the primary duty of the internet is to break protocols, especially in learning. Practical programs like photography are not left out in the educational revolution of today’s world. You will find a number of viable courses that offer practical information for building the skills you need to thrive as a […] Read more
How to find models for your next photo shoot
Let’s get to the point, using friends and family as models is fun. You get the excuse of quality time while working, what could be better? Well eventually you may need to expand your list of models to fit the look of certain clients. You won’t need a casting agent to help with this, we’ve […] Read more