Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
How To Write Captions For Your Photos
The caption of a photo can either enhance or spoil it. Below, we will: Find out what a good photo caption entails; Learn how to write the best description for your photo; Look at the worst ideas to describe visuals (what not to do). What is a Good Photo Caption Photo captions are a great […] Read more
Shooting Stock on your iPhone: Basic Tips for Better Photos
In this day and age, everyone and their grandmother owns a smartphone with a built-in camera. Ironically, as our devices get smaller their associated cameras only get better. Gone are the days where you need to haul around a bulky DSLR or be well-versed in all of the techniques behind aperture and ISO in order […] Read more
How To Start Your Photography Career In College
Starting a photography career while you are in college is a great idea. First, you are young, full of energy and enthusiasm. This is what we need on this thorny creative path. Secondly, the possibilities of the Internet and social media will be enough both for your training as a photographer and for the promotion […] Read more