Paper to Premiere
Here’s a quick tutorial from our designer Nikki on how to get hand-drawn lettering into your video project using Photoshop. (The lettering can be seen in our showreels Summer’s Here and A Cowboy’s Boot.)
You will need:
- Tracing or white bond paper
- Your favorite black pen
1. Draw the words or title you would like in your video project. (If you aren’t confident with your drawing skills, check out Skillshare. They have lots of online classes on hand-lettering taught by well-known designers.)
2. Scan and open the image in Photoshop.
3. Use Levels ( Image > Adjustments > Levels or ⌘L) to remove the grays in the image by using the white and black eye droppers to pick the lightest and darkest places in the image respectively.
4. In the Channels palette, click the dashed circle at the bottom (the “Load channel as selection” button).
5. In the Layers palette, click “add vector mask,” which is the button at the bottom of the palette that looks like a rectangle with a circle in it. This will mask out the layer using the selection you got from step 4. You will need to invert the mask by hitting ⌘I or Image > Adjustments > Invert.
6. On the layer, you can use the brush tool to paint the color you would like the type to be.
7. Save this file as a PSD and you can import it into Premiere. (You can import the entire file or just the layer with your art on it.)
User-Generated Content, The Original Form of Media
User-generated content (UGC) has always existed in our lives, from the first picture you ever took of a fancy meal at a restaurant, to the last selfie you took during your three week trip to Europe. Who knew that the hundreds of photos and videos in your camera roll could be of use to brands […] Read more
Make your videos rain with our weather overlay tutorial. No water needed.
If you have a project full of moody shots and pouring rain ahead of you, but the weather is bright and sunny? Don’t lose hope just now, there are a lot of options of how to make it rain from the comfort of your home (assuming you have the footage or you buy it – […] Read more
People No Longer Need Sound To Consume Video Content
How many times do you look around and everyone is on their phones? The 21st century is full of people consuming content, whether it’s on the subway, at work, or in schools. In this post we explore the topic of sound in media, which people have been choosing to live without. Ditching The Sound […] Read more