Go for drama with Universe CrumplePop
Our latest reel, Depths, Charged, is full of drama. That’s thanks in part to the CrumplePop Noir Moderne effect, available for free download from Red Giant Universe.
You will need:
- Download CrumplePop from Red Giant Universe.
- Insert the footage you’d like to grade into your Premiere timeline. (click image to enlarge)
- In the Effects palette, choose Video Effects > Universe CrumplePop > Noir Moderne.
- Drag the Noir Moderne effect onto your footage.
- The effect will appear in the Effect Controls palette. Play with the settings until you get the desired look.
To get started with other plug-ins from Universe, check out the Red Giant tutorials.
Get Vertical Ready with Dissolve
We all know that vertical footage is on the rise, accelerating to keep up with growing demand and increased smartphone use. As mobile phones become ubiquitous, we’re constantly using them (you may even be reading this on one) to capture and share content online and with each other. Since we hold our phones vertically 94% […] Read more
Achieving the MMUUULLTTIIPPLLY effect in Adobe® After Effects™
In our latest showreel, we experimented with multiplying subjects moving together, or in sequence. As we explored this idea, we ran into a variety of common problems. From masking; separating out our subjects to multiply with clean lines and minimal background noise, to selecting our clips. We pushed our Motion Designer, Petr, to the edge […] Read more
Meet Derek Armstrong McNeill
Derek McNeill has been telling visual stories most of his life. The Seattlite first honed his eye working as a photographer in the US Air Force, then worked in advertising art direction and design. He now divides his time shooting his own documentary projects and stock footage. “After carrying around a camera kit for years, telling visual […] Read more