The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
Are You Filmmaking on a Budget? Here’s How to Make the Most Out of Your Stock Footage
When you’re just starting out as an independent filmmaker or even a video creator, you’ll often find yourself working with a limited budget that never stretches nearly as far as you thought it was going to. This, coupled with limited access to professional video recording equipment can often lead to feeling overwhelmed and frustrated.Believe it […] Read more
Meet John Fedele
Midwest-based in the USA, I’ve been a full-time photographer for about 15 years, specializing in lifestyle advertising content. Before that, I was shooting as a hobbyist when people began to notice my work and I landed some of my first paying jobs. I always had the goal of shooting advertising, so I’ve pretty much worked […] Read more
Guest Post: Editing Tips for Music Videos
Tristan Olson is the executive producer at Venture, a Denver Video Production Company. Music videos are synonymous with stylized visuals and fast-cut editing. But, for the video production pros in charge of directing and editing them, the task can seem quite daunting — both as a creative and logistical challenge. There are creative and stylistic […] Read more