The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
Meet Ryan Blaske
Keep your eyes open and your camera ready My name is Ryan Blaske and I’m a full-time freelance videographer from the American Midwest. Growing up in the Midwest, there are not always as many opportunities as you might find in the big city — so we tend to make our own opportunities and work with […] Read more
Meet Guy Bauer
Guy Bauer is the protagonist behind Guy Bauer Productions: a Chicago-based studio — and Dissolve contributor — that dedicates its days to producing branded content, brand anthems, mini-documentaries, and commercials. We asked Guy to share some insight about his work, his gear, and his philosophy. What’s your favourite kind of work? What’s your favourite thing […] Read more
How to create a Doodle Dissolve transition with RoughAnimator
We challenged ourselves to find a way to use color to transition between two totally different clips. By connecting the clips with doodles, the end result is a powerful and playful visual. By drawing on the actual video with a pencil the transition became all about the creative approach to the connection – resulting […] Read more