The Top 17 Dystopian Futures in Stock Footage
Above: Maui or Mordor? Clip D118-51-663
Though the latest Mad Max movie has set the cinematic bar pretty high for dystopian-future films, you can find some terrifyingly plausible fake futures in Dissolve’s stock footage collection — even without a $150 million budget. Don’t believe us? Scroll into the future below …
1. The future where we spend all our time in virtual reality … in a supercute farm simulator.
2. The future where extreme-fitness culture considers being the target of a federal manhunt a cool WOD.
3. The future where everyone neglected to defrost their freezers.
4. The future where robots continue to be awkward and not super badass.
5. The future where Big Brother is always watching … and also always tells your friends about that time you pooped your pants.
6. The future where the alien invaders always get so drunk.
7. The world where advances in nutrition create a new era of giant humans, but real estate prices prevent us from buying larger homes.
8. The future where we serve under the unblinking gaze of cat overlords.
9. The future where the clone you make to help with your chores wants to goof off exactly as much as you do.
10. The future where flesh-eating zombies develop a preference for the zesty flavor of tattoos.
11. The world where cybernetic implants allow us to be distracted by Facebook even while we’re taking out the garbage.
12. The future where the Shrekoccocus virus turns 30% of Earth’s population into grouchy ogres.
13. The world where solar energy provides all our power, but there’s nowhere to park because of all the solar panels.
14. The parallel-universe future where everything happened exactly the same as in this one, except the BLT was never invented.
15. The world where America elects its first supercomputer president … and immediately gets a kernel panic.
16. The future where Google Glass gets a redesign and finally catches on.
17. The world where this grandma is the last person on Earth … and just friggin’ loves it.
You might also be interested in:
Get Vertical Ready with Dissolve
We all know that vertical footage is on the rise, accelerating to keep up with growing demand and increased smartphone use. As mobile phones become ubiquitous, we’re constantly using them (you may even be reading this on one) to capture and share content online and with each other. Since we hold our phones vertically 94% […] Read more
Achieving the MMUUULLTTIIPPLLY effect in Adobe® After Effects™
In our latest showreel, we experimented with multiplying subjects moving together, or in sequence. As we explored this idea, we ran into a variety of common problems. From masking; separating out our subjects to multiply with clean lines and minimal background noise, to selecting our clips. We pushed our Motion Designer, Petr, to the edge […] Read more
Meet Derek Armstrong McNeill
Derek McNeill has been telling visual stories most of his life. The Seattlite first honed his eye working as a photographer in the US Air Force, then worked in advertising art direction and design. He now divides his time shooting his own documentary projects and stock footage. “After carrying around a camera kit for years, telling visual […] Read more